2.2
Number of Destinations

My husband and I recently returned from a small group tour to South Africa (Cape Town, Pilanesberg National Park, and Johannesburg). Like many others have stated in their reviews, our agent Joseph from Indus was very attentive until the moment he collected our money.

Then it was multiple emails and phone calls before ever getting a response from him. We were told that we would be sent our flight itinerary 75 days before our departure date but didn't receive it until about 30 days before we left, only after multiple voicemails and emails were sent asking for this information. For the second part of our South African tour, our group of 16 left Cape Town at 4:40am for a 1hr 45min flight to Johannesburg, and then a 3 hour trip in a van (with no air conditioning or bathroom) to a safari lodge. When our group of 16 finally arrived to the lodge around 10:30am, we were told by the hotel staff that the travel company had called to cancel our reservations the day before!!

Needless to say, we were all tired and NOT happy. The hotel staff was great though, and scrambled to get rooms ready for us, which they finally did by around 2:45pm that afternoon. While we were all waiting for our rooms, the different members of our small group tour all got to talking about our experiences with Indus and not surprisingly, almost everyone had similar issues with Indus leading up to this vacation.

We've traveled with a few different travel companies in the past and we have never had communication issues like we had with Indus, and we will never be using them again. Too much unnecessary stress.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 04.

Comments

We went on a trip to Italy in May booked through Indus Travel. When we arrived we found that they had outsourced it to an Italian Travel Agency.

We had a lovely tour guide and only a group of 10. Luckily we booked our own airfare so that part went well. The one complaint we have is that Indus was supposed to book an optional trip to Pizza. They never did so we couldn't go.

They've promised we'll get our money back. We'll see. I think all of us should inform the BBB.

When I checked they had an "A" rating. This is obviously not correct.

Unfortunately I and my husband are in the midst of this right now, and we haven’t even left for our trip yet. Exact same treatment.

Ignoring my calls and emails, and refusing to give me any details about my trip to Norway and Denmark. Changing our hotels without telling us.